Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2000:
[linux-help] New ?PS? Printer

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] New ?PS? Printer
From: James <pantherace13@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 19:57:36 -0500

Hi, I got a Lexmark 4039 10plus Lazerprinter yesterday. It seems to claim PS 2.
I set it up as that, RH's Printtool. It did not work. I tried other
configurations with printtool, then decided it was not the problem.
Restarting lpd several times.

I tried as root
cat /home/james/test | /dev/lp0
for several files, and got no response, from the printer.

I cated all of the files in /proc/parport/0/ and found they did not have an irq
or dma.

I had lp, parport (_pc, _probe) modules loaded

I have MS-5184 MB 350MHz K6-2 32MB RAM RH 6.1, and the parport is on the
motherboard.

Thanks,

James