Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm: September 2000:
Re: HP49G / PC COM Ports (Not Available)

To: "Gary Ash" <gash@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: hpcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: HP49G / PC COM Ports (Not Available)
From: Irl_W_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:08:47 -0400

Gary--
Here are a couple of suggestions:
1. Make sure you post to the list, not just to Mitch--he is no longer at HP.
2. Since getting PC's to recognize different hardware is highly non-trivial
(i.e., I haven't a clue how to do it...spoiled by being a Mac user for so many
years, I guess), maybe what you ought to try is to work around the problem by
moving your mouse to a different COM port. I have no idea what algorithm HPComm
uses to decide which COM ports are available, but if the very first one is free
then perhaps it will happily use it.
--Irl Smith