Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm: November 1999:
Re: hpcomm problem...

To: Karlan Schneider <kschneid@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: hpcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: hpcomm problem...
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:40:29 +1100

Hi Karlan,

Thanks very much for your message.

Karlan Schneider wrote:

> HPComm only allows the 48g to be selected from the comm settings in
> the calculator menu.  The type box is all greyed out and not
> accessible to change.

The HP49G setting is reserved for when we've made HPComm work
with the HP49G's XModem protocol.  Until then, both the HP48
and the HP49G will work fine with HPComm's HP48 mode, which
uses Kermit.

If you're still having problems with the HP49G, make sure that
the I/O settings for the HP49G match those of HPComm and your
HP48.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mitch.