Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm: November 1999:
newbie seeking help (49G)

To: hpcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: newbie seeking help (49G)
From: Dan Gutchess <gutchess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:42:04 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to use HPComm 3.0r2 to transfer files to my HP 49G. I bought
the PC Connectivity kit from HP (F1897). I just can't get the connection to
work. I'm running windows NT 4.0.

The settings I'm using are below; I've tried several different
combinations.  The calculator starts out with "Awaiting Server Cmd". Then,
when I start HPComm, the calc. says "Processing command". Then I get an
HPComm error windw, saying that the connection failed.

One question I have is, how do you set the baud rate on the 49G? I'm trying
to use the "Transfer" form, but each time I set it, it reverts to 9600.
Sorry to send such a long message. Thanks for your time.

Dan

Calc settings:
Xlat: Newl
Chk: 3 (3 digit CRC)