Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm-dev: April 2000:
Re: HPComm3.0r3 Bug--crashes on mu

To: Irl_W_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: hpcomm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: HPComm3.0r3 Bug--crashes on mu
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 01:21:54 +1000

Dear Irl,

Irl_W_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The program puts the COM port into an endless loop
> under certain conditions and requires a Task Manager
> intervention to halt it.

Yeah, bummer eh?

Once again, we are very grateful for your bug report.  Especially
the consistent way to reproduce it!! :-)

> Create a variable named "mu" (the greek character, right-shift
> n on the HP-48GX) in a directory named TEMP.

Errata:

  HPComm does not support any variables named "mu" if they
  are stored in a directory named TEMP.

Only kidding!

Can I make a request?  Go to http://www.sourceforge.net
and create yourself a login.  Then mail that login to me.
We can then use the bug tracking system there so we don't
lose track of your excellent reports.

Regards,

Mitch.
--