Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm-dev: November 1999:
Windows NT 4.0 bugs w/HP-48GX

To: hpcomm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Windows NT 4.0 bugs w/HP-48GX
From: Irl Smith <Irl_W_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:04:11 -0500

I note two bugs with the HPComm-3_1b2.exe, plus one un-clarity.
1. The instructions state to download " while preserving the
"HPComm-3.1b2.exe" name". However, that name isn't very Windows legal
(two periods). I assume leaving it as named by the download (first line
of this message) is OK.
2. The taskbar in the HPC window gets corrupted. It gets even more
corrupted if you resize the window by dragging the lower right corner
around in circles a few times.
3. View->Refresh doesn't work properly. If I create a folder while the
program is running (I tried this only at the top level of my disk, viz.
D\:HP Again), the folder does not appear. If I move an archive out of a
folder and then open that folder in the HPC window, the archive appears
to be there, but if I try to do a restore there is a crash. I have the
crash log if it would be useful.
--Irl Smith
I'm running Windows NT 4.0 on a Pentium II Compaq at, I beileve, 400
MHz.