Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2009:
[gopher] Re: OverbiteFF theme

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: OverbiteFF theme
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:34:42 -0800 (PST)

> After creation my own skin for OverbiteFF the question appeared: How can
> I package it for sharing with others (my friends for example)? Must it
> be packaged as ZIP file and user will unpack it by himself or it must be
> packaged as XPI file? If it must be packaged as XPI file, what kind of
> information will contain chrome.manifest? I wrote:
>
> skin overbiteff LOR-like/0.1 gopherchrome/
>
> but it was installed somwhere else, not in user's profile directory. :(
>
> P. S.: I'm also accept suggestions of my grammar corrections. :)

It's not a skin like a Mozilla-skin; it's more of a subset. The way I
envision it is to simply .zip your components together. When your friend
receives the .zip, he makes a folder inside his profile directory called
gopherchrome and puts the contents of the .zip in there. Look at

gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/0/overbite/dbrowse?pluginm%203

for exactly how this works. If you have a skin for submission, I can put it
on the Overbite site for others to download (the only restrictions is that
it must appear under Tri-License, and that the work be freely distributable).

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- BOND THEME NOW PLAYING: "Never Say Never Again" ----------------------------