Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: November 2008:
[gopher] Re: Establishment of .gopher TLD

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Establishment of .gopher TLD
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:40:52 -0800 (PST)

> these things are ancient, i don't have any documentation about how to
> reformat the OS and get it back to a clean environment and re-setup
> the network on them...

I looked it up. These are 33MHz POWER systems and they almost certainly
run 3.2.5. They will work for this -- I've run things that old -- but you
should disable all the network services you can otherwise and firewall them.
If you're not an experienced AIX admin, it may be more trouble than it's
worth for you. Where did you find them? I used something similar back in my
DBA days and they were pretty fun machines.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx