Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: November 2008:
[gopher] Re: Establishment of .gopher TLD

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Establishment of .gopher TLD
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:13:36 -0800 (PST)

> Speaking of the new domain, I was thinking about setting up some servers
> I found some old IBM Xstation 140's ... i think they run off AIX, could you
> run a gopher server off that?

Until I moved it to helsinki, gopher.floodgap.com used to run on stockholm,
which is an AIX machine. So, yes, definitely. AIX is just another Unixy thing.

However, you should verify the version of AIX on those. 3.2.5 and 4.x may
need some work to get them reasonably hardened for a production environment.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- "I'd love to go out with you, but I'm braiding my dental floss." -----------