[gopher] Re: Gopher-dev

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher-dev
From: simple@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jeff W)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 06:36:22 -0700

Mark <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ... I would like to suggest to the owner of
> complete.org to make at least one more list: gopher-dev. I've been doing
> my best to keep up with discussions in here, but so far and for the most
> part I've just been scratching my head, going "huh?". I respect you all
> and appreciate the effort in contributing to gopher, but imho the
> discussions that have been taking place over the last few months have
> both drastically increased which is good, but also got overly
> complicated to me, which isn't as good.

I can appreciate where you're coming from.  However, as you've stated,
this list has generally been pretty low volume and often the posts
are of mutual interest to both developers and operators/users.  Perhaps
we could just adopt a voluntary Subject line "GO4DEV" word subscribers
can filter on if they so wish?

Jeff Woodall