Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2008:
[gopher] Re: A Sunday morning diatribe

To: <gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gopher] Re: A Sunday morning diatribe
From: Jason Nemrow <jnemrow@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:41:26 -0600

Absolutely!  Yes, yes, yes!  Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: "Avery M." <averym@xxxxxxxxx>
To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 7/20/08 4:51 PM

Gopher deserves preservation for its uniqueness. It is neither FTP nor
WWW, and because WWW has succeeded as a form of information storage,
comparing it to Gopher is both inevitable and useful. I would advocate
not creating a new Gopherspace, but rather preserving and analyzing
what was around in the early 90s to determine how the cognitive style
of Gopher is different from WWW and how we might exploit its benefits.