Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: May 2008:
[gopher] Re: OverbiteFF build 1291

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: OverbiteFF build 1291
From: Dennis Schulmeister <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 16:22:35 +0200

Hi Cameron,
just had a glimpse on it and have to say it looks nice. Well done and
thank you.

One question, 'though. I usually have my locale set to en-US instead of
de-DE. In contrast to that there's a setting in Firefox's preferences
where I can set my preferred display language to de-DE or just de. This
affects how web sites are shown but leaves the UI untouched.

Would it be possible (or would it make sense) to use that setting
instead of the system locale?

Yours sincerely,
Dennis Schulmeister

--
Dennis Schulmeister - Schifferstr. 1 - 76189 Karlsruhe - Germany
Tel: +49 721/5978883 - Mob: +49 152/01994400 - eMail: dennis@xxxxxxxxxxx

Now moved to the corridor: Hermes! (http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net)
(mostly German)

http://www.denchris.de - http://www.audiominds.com
http://www.motagator.net/bands/65

<GunPG KeyID: B8382C97>

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 05:55 -0700, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> > I don't know if this was just in your email or you are doing this in
> > the software too, but you shouldn't use locale codes in your
> > translations unless you have a general version for that language too.
>
> I don't know if this is supported by Firefox. If someone knows better, please
> post a reference. Based on my understanding of Firefox chrome registration,
> and the Mozilla documentation, the preferred notation seems to be xx-XX, and
> that Mozilla *does* select the correct language for XUL locales if the
> desired region is not available rather than falling back on a global default.

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part