Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: May 2008:
[gopher] Re: OverbiteFF build 1291

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: OverbiteFF build 1291
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 05:55:24 -0700 (PDT)

> I don't know if this was just in your email or you are doing this in
> the software too, but you shouldn't use locale codes in your
> translations unless you have a general version for that language too.

I don't know if this is supported by Firefox. If someone knows better, please
post a reference. Based on my understanding of Firefox chrome registration,
and the Mozilla documentation, the preferred notation seems to be xx-XX, and
that Mozilla *does* select the correct language for XUL locales if the
desired region is not available rather than falling back on a global default.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Remember, kids: for great justice take off every zig! ----------------------