Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: May 2008:
[gopher] Re: get binary files using gopher server

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: get binary files using gopher server
From: JumpJet Mailbox <jumpjetinfo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 07:46:10 -0700 (PDT)

JumpJet has had a link for methods to retreive Gopher via Email for a long
time.  See:
  http://home.jumpjet.info/Gopher/access.htm#b  or
  gopher://home.jumpjet.info/hh/access.htm#b

  Last time I tested the services listed under "Gopher & HTTP viewing access
via E-mail (no Web Browser required!)" was back in November, and they worked
just fine.

"Avery M." <averym@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I understand what you are doing now but not completely. Were you using
the www4email servers to get Gopher files, or to get binary files on
the WWW? Gopher is quite a different protocol from WWW and there are
not that many binary files in the Gopher community. You cannot fetch
WWW files through a Gophermail server. If you do want Gopher, here are
two e-mails I found online:

gophermail@xxxxxxxx Czech Republic
gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Japan

But I don't know of anyone on this list who runs a Gophermail server themselves.

Avery