Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: November 2007:
[gopher] Re: bucktooth 0.2.2

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: bucktooth 0.2.2
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:39:28 -0700 (PDT)

> Well done. I have to admit though that some of your terminology is
> pretty unknown to me, so is there any place I can read up on that?

If you mean hURLs, that's John Goerzen's de facto standard for putting
non-Gopher links into a gopher file. It creates a server-generated page
with a <META> HTTP refresh to handle the connection.

Since this is a an arbitrary redirector, I figured there should be some
token care taken with it as naughty folks could incorporate it into their
schemes.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Corruptisima republica plurimae leges. -- Tacitus --------------------------