[gopher] Re: Problem with SiMpLeMaChInEs

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Problem with SiMpLeMaChInEs
From: brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:27:58 -0500

It doesn't appear that the authors of this RFC had it in mind that
gophers would *always* appear on port 70:

    There is nothing to prevent secondary servers or services from running
    on otherwise named servers or ports other than 70, however these
    should be reachable via a primary server.

Also, the word "should" doesn't mandate compliance. It's a
recommendation.

  --Brian