Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2007:
[gopher] Re: Content for a gopher server?

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Content for a gopher server?
From: JumpJet Mailbox <jumpjetinfo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:15:40 -0700 (PDT)

Surf some of these servers for ideas:
  http://www.ftp-sites.org/index.html
http://www.dmine.com/telnet/index.htm
http://www.floodgap.com/retrotech/hytelnet/index.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20060128005801/http://www.lub.lu.se/autoclass.html

Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  You can put anything on your Gopher...
New, old, both. Thats the neat part:)
What do you like, what do you wish was faster to access
and wasn't cluttered with adds? Maybe some current thing that you could fetch
from a direct source or even from a web page and put in a simple text method
into your gopher (like daily hourly or whatever).
Phlog your opinion, look for and save historical files put recipes or your
hobbies, plans for things you like to build free content is always nice. Text,
images, movies, sounds, programs, anything at all.
I see sites that are archaic and historical and un-updated and then pages like
the equivalent of a web personal homepage and blends between them and a few
pages very specific to a certain science. You might just take some time and
browse from one end to the other and verify whats out there and see a niche
that youd like to help out. IMO it's quite free and unhindered.
Chris
gopher://hal3000.cx

--
Join FSF as an Associate Member at: