Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2007:
[gopher] Re: Survey1: Why your Gopher Server software?

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Survey1: Why your Gopher Server software?
From: Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 08:10:33 -0600

Pygopherd,
Because it serves Gopher , HTTP ( html-ized gopher pages)
and WAP (wml-ized gopher pages). Also it in my mind was the latest in the UMN
branch (written in python). And because its written in python and platform
independent as much as python is.
And its GNU GPL'ed :)
Chris

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 07:33:08 -0800 (PST)
JumpJet Mailbox <jumpjetinfo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Gopher Server Operators:
>
>   Why did you choose the Gopher Server software you are using?
>
>   (For example; was it because you already had the software on hand, because
> your Server already had specific hardware or OS you had to match the Gopher
> Server to it, because you first carefully researched you all your options and
> felt it was the best choice, etc.?)

Join FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://member.fsf.org/join?referrer=3014>