Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2007:
[gopher] Students using Gopher

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Students using Gopher
From: JumpJet Mailbox <jumpjetinfo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 07:34:59 -0800 (PST)

Can you give us details?

  What Server Software are you using, and why did you choose it?  Did you begin
with the computer hardware or operating system, or did you first decide on the
Server software?  Did you experiment with more than one Server software option
before finalizing on your choice?  What kind of "Type Mapping" is the Server
using:
  gopher://home.jumpjet.info/00\Begin_Here\References\Link_File_Basics.txt
  When selecting you Server software were you aware of the Server/Client
software download Gopher site:
  gopher://home.jumpjet.info/11\Begin_Here

  Do you place standards on the Servers "look and feel":

gopher://home.jumpjet.info/00\Begin_Here\References\Standard_Informational_Files.txt
  gopher://home.jumpjet.info/00\Begin_Here\References\Formatting_with_ASCII.txt

  What sort of Client software is being used?  Are your students mostly using a
dedicated Gopher Client, or are they just using a Web Browser?  Why did they
choose the Client?

  JumpJet is EXTREMELY interested in gathering reviews from anyone on various
Gopher Servers and Clients; such as how well they work or don't work, what
features are good or bad, any special considerations for setup, etc.  Please
send feedback to:
  jumpjetinfo@xxxxxxxxx

mdbird@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  I got my students to set up a gopher server on my college intranet
but the little devils use it as an underground / alternative website that=
I have to cull from time to time.

Cheers

Mike Bird

Finding fabulous fares is fun.