Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: December 2006:
[gopher] Groundhog updates

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Groundhog updates
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:09:17 -0800 (PST)

After much wrestling with NOAA zone files and polygon data, I have been able
to regenerate a new zone database that should properly correspond to updated
information for most state regions. (Don't blame me for how they cut this up
-- I don't know why it's the way it is, there's nothing I can do about it! ^^)

Since I don't know obviously everybody's geographic location, I'd appreciate
it if people would check that their particular home region works and returns
valid data. Regional observations are still under construction due to some
irregularity where forecast zones may not necessarily indicate a valid
observation zone (sigh), but forecasts SHOULD WORK.

        gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/groundhog

Once I get good results, then I'll work on V-2 and get it crawling again.

--
--------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx