Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: December 2006:
[gopher] Re: Gopher home pages (was: Web-Based Subscription Management)

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: JumpJet Mailbox <jumpjetinfo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:56:10 -0800 (PST)

As far as I know, only Super Dimension Fortress is offering Gopher homepages to
their subscribers.  However, there is no reason why you could not run your own
personal Gopher Server.  There are Server software packages available for quite
a few computers and OSes, and most are easy to setup and use hardly any system
resources.  I offer a central source for this software (as well as written
several setup tips and page design suggestions) at:
gopher://home.jumpjet.info/11\Begin_Here

Stegozor <stegozor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Eric Newberry wrote:
> I'm not a gopheradmin and I'm on the list.
+1. Not being an admin is no reason to leave IMHO.

> I'm trying to as soon as I can
> get one running under Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition (Didn't choose the
> OS :-). Sorry to see you go.

Well, this thread gives me the opportunity to ask a question I had in
mind since a log time. Say I want to have a gopher home page. How do I
do ? The only solution I'm aware of is http://sdf.lonestar.org...
A little diary/FAQ would be nice.