Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: June 2006:
[gopher] Re: RFC drafts

To: <gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gopher] Re: RFC drafts
From: "Trevor" <greendragon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:21:01 -0400

this intrigues me.

(sorry i don't look familiar. been lurking the last couple of years.)

one downfall, i feel, with gopher is it is clear text. has anyone thought
about, besides me, an sGopher protocol? i think gopher would get more
mainstream use if it had security built into it. many companies refuse to
use anything that sends clear text over a wire. just a thought.