Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: May 2006:
[gopher] Re: Today's dummy: proxy? (fwd)

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Today's dummy: proxy? (fwd)
From: Alessandro Selli <dhatarattha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 17:54:22 +0200

Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> This was a rather amusing mail received today about the proxy. Name changed
> to protect the clueless ;)
>
> Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:12:38 -0400
> From: [censored]
> To: gopher@[you know]
> Subject: proxy?
>
> Just a question. What exactly IS gopher and is it still up? I can't seem to
> access even google.com thru it

   Well, it is laughable indeed.
BUT, how did I wish there really was a gopher.google.com active, maybe
running Veronica2 or some new gopher indexing and retrival engine!

   By the way, at month's end I will no longer have an ADSL connenction
available and I will have to move my domain into some housing facility.
This means that gopher.route-add.net will be discontinued until I will
have again an ADSL connection or the possibility of housing the Gopher
server somewhere else.  This is not possible, at the moment.
(Grumble)

--
Alessandro Selli
Tel: 340.839.73.05