Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: December 2005:
[gopher] PyGopherd and Gopher+

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] PyGopherd and Gopher+
From: Benn Newman <newmanbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 09:56:42 -0600

Since all you client people say you don't make Gopher+ clients because there
aren't any servers taking advantage of it, no more! :)
But, I have some questions about how things work in PyGopherd.

How do I get multiple views of an item? I have a client.png file on my server;
I tried just having a client.gif, but that did not work.

And more the way of bugs, for extended attributes,  like abstracts, if you
define a mapping for example admin, it would overwrite the other information
for that attribute. I found this out by trying to define an items copyright in
the ADMIN block. I remember reading in gopherd, that you can have a diretory
have a different admin, how/can you do this in PyGopherd? The only way I have
figured out only does the main directory.

PyGopherd also defines the wrong item type for sounds, if you read the Gopher+
spe, it is not s, this is also incorrect in the UMN curses client.

And while I am complaining about everything :), in bucktooth and PyGopherd, a
selector manualy marked as a Gopher+ server is ignored in gophermaps.
--
Benn Newman | newmanbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | gopher://igneous-rock.homeunix.net
Wisconsin Association of Gopher Operators