Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: June 2005:
[gopher] Re: Gopher block!

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher block!
From: "Aaron J. Angel" <thatoneguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:05:48 -0400

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 03:45:22AM -0500, Steven Morgan wrote:
> Did anyone else cry when the port80 world began celebrating
> over <center></center> ?

Yes, but not because I liked <center>.  It sucks.  So does <div>.

Honestly, I think XHTML fits in quite well with the Gopher/Unix
philosophy of keeping things simple and having tools do a few jobs
well, rather than having tools do a lot of jobs not so well.  I would
think the idea of seperating content from layout would be better
accepted by Gopher types--it's exactly what Gopher does.