Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: June 2005:
[gopher] Re: Gopher block!

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher block!
From: Steven Morgan <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 03:45:22 -0500

John Goerzen wrote:

>On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 03:49:42PM +0200, Alessandro Selli wrote:
>

>>  Did I read right that they made /etc/inetd.conf (or was it inittab?)
>>an XML file in Solaris10?  Yuck!
>>

>Heh.  I think MacOS X is doing something similar with cron or some
>other basic tools.  Sigh.

Did anyone else cry when the port80 world began celebrating
over <center></center> ?
Also, anyone see that w3c is now recomending the use of xforms? ...
yeah, apparently
it was just too much to allow Name: <input .... >  ...  instead we have
to go ahead an make sure we turn input into
needing a closing tag... hmm so what do we put inside? of course the
label that goes before the field .. and it needs
 tags, so we know what it is... hmm, this is totally logical!?! 4 tags
are better, yay1!!11111!!
This has spurred me to start a group that begins converting the internet
to text & html, just simple and text-based browser friendly.