Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2005:
[gopher] Access Control for PYGopherd

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Access Control for PYGopherd
From: Jeff_W<beaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:24:09 -0800

What is the recommended way to control access to PYGopherd? Looking
through some of the list archives I've gathered that PYG can't be
run via inetd, and it seems TCP Wrappers is mainly for services
run out of inetd (sshd apparently can be controlled by TCP Wrappers
as well even though it isn't in inetd.conf). There also doesn't
appear to be the built-in access controls found in the UMN Gopherd
(not that I ever tried those, but I did notice they were there).
Is there a relatively easy way to "wrap" PYGopherd so I can control
via TCP Wrappers or do I need to look at firewall stuff like IP
Filter, etc. ?

TIA,
-Jeff