Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2005:
[gopher] Re: item types of unusual interest

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: item types of unusual interest
From: Alessandro Selli <dhatarattha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 08:34:38 +0100

Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> This is interesting. Note particularly the 'w' item type. I think these are
> just assignments Netscape pulled out of their rear, unless someone knows
> different?

   Compared to RFC-1436 it also lacks the "+" itemtype, the "redundant
server" item.
   How is the "w" itemtype supposed to be used?  Would this
hFloodgap.com (Web pages)       URL:http://www.floodgap.com/

appear as:

wFloodgap.com (Web pages)       http://www.floodgap.com/
?

   I cannot find the "h" itemtype defined in RFC-1436, will you please
shed some light about it?

> Pardon the web URL ;)

   How tasteless!  :-)

--