Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: March 2004:
[gopher] Gopherd or pygopherd?

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Gopherd or pygopherd?
From: Alessandro Selli <dhatarattha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:42:27 +0100 (CET)

  Hello,
          I'm just now getting interested in Gopher and I'm currently running
a gopherd 3.0.3 server.  Since it's running on a slow machine (Sparc5-85),
would you recommend a C-compiled binary server like gopherd or do you think I
will not notice a big difference in system load/ memory consumption running
an interpreted server like pygopherd?  The server is not serving a community
and the Sparc5 is quite beefed up with ram (232MB).  Are there other
differences between those two that I should be aware of to choose the correct
server for my site?

  Bye,

  Sandro

--