Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: November 2003:
[gopher] Re: UM Gopher + FTP question

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: UM Gopher + FTP question
From: beaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:43:10 -0800

"Vlad D. Markov" <markov@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:01:15 -0800
> beaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Is the UM gopher client supposed to be able to natively browse ftp sites?
<snip>
> I don't think there is an anonymous gateway where its pointing.
> The gateway is set in conf.h, you could change it to a valid
> gateway & recompile if you knew of a valid one (I don't).
>
> The folks at Debian are fixing this stuff up, maybe they have
> plans to make ftp work.

Wow - someone is _actually_ working on this?!?  Cool indeed.

BTW, thanks for the feedback. After I'd sent off the email I noticed
the message refering to the defunct UM-based gateway. Odd that it
was "hard coded" instead of being in an rc file.

-Beaker
--
[ SiMpLe MaChInEs ] --> gopher://beaker.mdns.org
   or (via proxy)