Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: October 2003:
[gopher] type-question

To: <gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gopher] type-question
From: "Ruliz Galaxor" <killspy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:59:53 +0200

Hi there,

I have a small question regarding type 4, 5 and 6 in the gopherprotocol.
First of all I know the use of those types is not recommended (use 9
instead), but still I have a small question:
Are the type 4, 5 and 6 being sent as 'normal' binary transfers or are they
sent in a different way? So is it different for the client or is it only the
type declaration of the server (4 or 9, etc) which matters?

Thanks in advance,

Ruliz Galaxor