Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2002:
[gopher] Re: PyGopherd + gophermap

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: PyGopherd + gophermap
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:14:27 -0500

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 05:51:15AM -0500, Aaron J. Angel wrote:

> What's up with the gophermap support in PyGopherd?  Bucktooth's
> gophermap files are slightly more intuitive than the ones PyGopherd seem
> to support (e.g.: info lines have no tabs in bucktooth, which doesn't
> seem to work with PyGopherd)...and there was something else, but I can't
> remember what.

If you could send me a sample gophermap file and a description of what
Pygopherd does wrong, I'll be pleased to fix it.

> Also, is there a way to allow the use of type tags in HTTP URIs?  It'd
> be most useful for Gopher/Web sites (I suppose I could simply <t> to /,
> but that seems a bit crude).

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you referring to Pygopherd
as a HTTP server, or to links from Gopherspace to HTTP-space?

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>    GPG: 0x8A1D9A1F    www.complete.org