Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2002:
[gopher] Width of text files

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Width of text files
From: Jollino <jollino@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:54:40 +0200

Hello there,
I've been lurking this mailing list for a few days, and I have an easy
question for you all.. but first, I guess I have to introduce myself :)
I am a boy from Italy, 18 in a month or so, and I'm interested in all
the technologies that have been "forgotten", just like Gopher. Too bad I
didn't live the first Gopher era, but I was a bit too young... :)
I set up a gopher server at my place (gopher.sogno.net), and have moved
into it some files which where only available via http (at
www.sogno.net); I plan to remove them for the web and to let my visitors
use hurg.
I still have to learn stuff about .names and other 'modification files',
since I only know how to set up .links files, but I'll take my time :)
The question is: how wide should I make the text files available via
gopher? 80 columns?
Yes, I know it's stupid, but you never know... :P

TIA
  Daniele

ps: i'll have a look at pygopherd when school will let me breathe a
little more :( right now i'm stuck with the revised gopherd..
--
Daniele Nicolucci (Jollino) - jollino@xxxxxxxxx
Web applications programmes (www.webdreamers.net)