Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: March 2002:
[gopher] Re: Gnopher doesn't build

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gnopher doesn't build
From: Stefan Rieken <StefanRieken@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 00:46:04 +0100

Op do 28-03-2002, om 14:06 schreef John Goerzen:

> Just FYI -- I'm using a Debian unstable system that should be similar to
> yours.  The README file mentiones "UNIX and GNU string and file
> functions", "GNOME w. Nautilus and VFS", and "Gnet."  It would be useful
> for me, I think, if you provided a more detailed list.   Anyway, I was
> testing with libgtkhtml-dev version 1.0.2-1 installed.

Apart from libgnome-vfs (which I apparently forgot to mention), there
are no more dependencies than the ones named here.

I'm quite stuck here as your output DOES contain "-lgtkhtml", does NOT
complain about it not being found or whatever, and then again does NOT
find any of the symbols of this library (especially gtk_html_new should
be found).

Maybe it's worth trying if you have the Nautilus and gnet development
packages (and thus the programs "nautilus-config" and "gnet-config", but
I can't do better guesses from here :-(

Greets,

Stefan
--