Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2002:
[gopher] Re: UMN Gopher on Mac OSX

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: UMN Gopher on Mac OSX
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:41:55 -0800 (PST)

> > gopher gopher://quux.org/Software/Gopher/screenshots works but when I
> > try to view the png I get garbage. My web browser does the same. wget
> > doesn't support gopher. How do I view that?
>
> That's interesting.  AFAICT there is no reason why that should work (it
> doesn't on my browser).  The png thing is a small server side problem in the
> way it was linked.  It appears as item type 0, while it should be something
> like 'g'.  If you are impatient and want to take a look, you can try
> gopher://gopher.quux.org:70/gg/Software/Gopher/screenshots/gopher-darwin.png

Item type 'I' would be a better idea (that's capital EYE). 'g' specifically
means GIF, while 'I' is supposed to refer to a generic image (at least
in theory, though usually it's treated as JPEG).

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Dread each day as it comes. -- Donald Kaul ---------------------------------