Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2002:
[gopher] Re: UMN Gopher on Mac OSX

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: UMN Gopher on Mac OSX
From: David Allen <mda@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:39:18 -0500

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 02:22:06PM -0500, Robert Hahn wrote:

> If anyone has the resources (I don't at the moment) I would also be
> interested in knowing whether gopher 3.0.2 compiles on OS X without
> changes if the drive format is UFS.

Unlikely - because there are still the linking issues, and also the
compilation issues related to <malloc.h>.  So getting rid of the case
insensitivity problem is one thing, but not the whole thing.

It should be the case though that with UFS just a few changes would be
needed.  Hopefully these won't be changes that affect any other
platforms so they'll be pretty straightforward.

--
David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/