Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2002:
[gopher] Re: Gnopher 0.2 released; Nautilus first themeable Gopher clie

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gnopher 0.2 released; Nautilus first themeable Gopher client
From: Ralph Furmaniak <sugaku@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 06:50:48 -0500

Great job, looking good!
I'll try to install it today, unfortunately this is one of those things that I
can't run through telnet <g>.  I'm interested in how it will take care of some
of
the things on my gopher, the browsers do all sorts of crazy stuff.  Do you know
that if you do a <FORM METHOD=GET> to a gopher, it will cut out the selector and
just send the form data!  To overcome this I had to put in a hidden input whose
name was the selector followed by a question mark.  Oh well, c'est la vie!

If you really wanted to, it shouldn't be difficult to insert some text-to-speech
into it, although I'm not really sure what the point of that would be.

I'll try to get some themes running.

    Ralph Furmaniak