Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2002:
[gopher] Re: Gopher VR

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher VR
From: Ralph Furmaniak <sugaku@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:59:19 -0500

I had some problems compiling it, but after removing the extra /* at the
beginning
of clients/gophervr/libtracker/Arch/common.c and creating the
clients/gophervr/lib
directory, it went through fine.  Aside from some bugs which are easy to
circumvent once you know how, gophervr is working better than I thought it
would;
it might even become my main client.  It was even able to display the textfiles
directory on quux (after a bit of loading time).  It is actually easier to
browse
such big directories because you can just walk around randomly until you find
something interesting.

It would be nice if it displayed 'i' items, and maybe some better 3d models, but
gophervr is just one of those things you have to see to believe (and by see, I
mean use, not just look at screenshots).

Note: do not hold down the jump button (space bar) or else you might keep
jumping
for a while, I know from experience <g>

    Ralph Furmaniak