Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2002:
[gopher] Re: Problems compiling with FreeBSD, installing in Slackware

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx, anstouh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Problems compiling with FreeBSD, installing in Slackware
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Jan 2002 11:53:40 -0500

I've got an update for you.

<anstouh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >New to list disclaimer.<

Welcome :-)

> In file included from ../object/STRstring.h:62,
>                  from GGroup.h:2,
>                  from GGroup.c:1:
> /usr/include/malloc.h:2: warning: #warning "this file includes <malloc.h>
> which is deprecated, use <stdlib.h> instead"

That's probably harmless.

> gcc: ../object/libgopher.a: No such file or directory

I believe this could be fixed by using gmake.

> Also, because that failed, I tried installing it on my Slackware 8.0 Linux
> box. It compiles fine, but won't make install; I think it creates the file
> /etc/gopherd and then wants a directory of the same name.

I have fixed some bugs in the Makefile.in files.  There is a new
version labeled gopher-20020109-01.cvs.tar.gz available at the
download site.  I think this should fix your bug.  Let me know if it
does, and if so, I'll prepare a 3.0.1 with that fix and the NetBSD
patches.

-- John