Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: October 2001:
[gopher] Introducing VISHNU (and new V-2 update)

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Introducing VISHNU (and new V-2 update)
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:02:09 -0700 (PDT)

First, the regular announcement: V-2's WAIS database has been updated.
While the new database is actually slightly smaller, it is also more
up-to-date; a lot of chaff has been cleaned out and so have many dead
servers. The Veronica-2 cache has been cleared, so access time will be
a bit slower for a little while.

Second, I'm proud to unveil VISHNU, the Veronica-Inspired Search of
Hierarchical Nodes and Uplinks. VISHNU is a V2-based search front end that
organizes Veronica results into trees by selector and host, allowing easy
drill-down to contents within server folders inside Veronica-2 itself.
This is a prototype, so I appreciate your input.

        gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/v2/

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- select unique ("Just another SQL hacker") jash from id_rec order by 1; -----