Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2001:
[gopher] Re: UMN gopher client weird behavior

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: UMN gopher client weird behavior
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:43:49 -0800 (PST)

> > David and I have discussed that behaviour before and we consider it a bug,
> > too. Bucktooth deals with it by simply sending a stock gopher+ response that
> > forces UMN-gopher to use regular gopher requests.
>
> What specific response is it that you send in this instance?

Direct from the code ...

        if ($gplus eq '$') { # this is for UMN gopher
                $j = <<"EOF";
+-1
+INFO: 1Main menu (non-gopher+)         $MYHOST $MYPORT
+ADMIN:
 Admin: Server Administrator
 Server: $SERVER
+VIEWS:
 application/gopher+-menu: <512b>
+ABSTRACT:
 This gopher supports standard gopher access only. Use this
 kludge to disable gopher+ client requests by your client.
.
EOF
                $j =~ s/\n/\r\n/sg;
                print stdout $j;
                &log("$orq <$gplus> [forced g+ redirect]");
                exit;
        }

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Neckties strangle clear thinking. -- Lin Yutang ----------------------------