Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2001:
[gopher] Re: depressing

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: depressing
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Jan 2001 22:38:59 -0500

Well.  Sigh.  There are some things we can do.

 * When we find a gopher with useful things on it, mirror it on your
   own gopher server when possible.

 * Make sure people know we value their servers.

 * Aggressively mirror each other's servers when possible.
   We need to eventually be at a point where half of gopherspace
   doesn't die when 1 person does :-)

FWIW, I do have plans to write gophermirror.  should be fairly
straightforward.

-- John

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       www.complete.org