Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2001:
[gopher] [comp.infosystems.gopher,alt.gopher] New client software

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] [comp.infosystems.gopher,alt.gopher] New client software
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Jan 2001 21:50:26 -0500

BTW, I intend to package both of these for Debian.

-- John

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --

From: "David Allen" <s2mdalle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: New client software
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gopher,alt.gopher
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 05:19:13 GMT

I actually wanted to announce 2 new gopher clients.
They're both quite young, but they both work for
most operations.

The first was written by Stefan Rieken and is available
from:
http://www.hobbiton.org/~pflipp/software/gnopher.en.html

It's intended for use with GNOME.  It requires a library
called GNet distributed with Helix GNOME in addition
to GNOME for building.  It has a file manager type look
to it, and looks pretty cool.  (See the above page for
screenshots)

The second is called FORG, and is available from
http://opop.nols.com/proggie/forg-0.03.tar.gz
This runs with Python, Tkinter, and Pmw.  Instructions
for getting and installing these are included with
the program.  This program has more of a browser type
interface.  I am the author of this one.

Both programs are licensed under the GNU General
Public License.  Neither of them is very mature,
but in my opinion, they both have promise, so
check them out.

--
David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/