Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2006:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] I'm a beginner and I'd like to know how to s

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] I'm a beginner and I'd like to know how to start a project up
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:09:37 +0100

AFAIK, such a project typically gets started by a few persons who put
a lot of work in getting the first version to work good enough so that
people want to see more of it.

You will probably be very happy for your first volunteers, but you can
speed up adoption by getting noticed in the "news" and by your website
that allows people to come together, that is, a forum.

Make sure that it is easy for people to contribute; that is, prepare a
small tutorial on how to put things together and compile the program,
and remember that your code is there to be read by people.