Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2005:
[Freeciv] Re: administration of large maps

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: administration of large maps
From: nicholas.g.lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:39:34 +1000

Sounds to me like you are describing navigation bookmarks.
A player could;
1 click on a tile
2 type a short text string
3 have that string appear in a navigation menu
clicking on the entry in the menu would zoom the map to
that location.
nick

>for a while I am playing on a huge map (29,000 tiles). There are some
>continents with significant look. But a lot of isles are not. To find a
>particular location - not a city -, say a place engineers preparing for
>building up one city, it would help to have location shortcuts. So, what
>about adding a feature that allows to add names to special regions
>ranges, rivers, coasts etc? Plus a way to lookup them...
>Wolfram

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or Maritime Safety Queensland, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.