Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2004:
[Freeciv] Re: Weapons-Free Ruleset?

To: Russ Lewis <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Weapons-Free Ruleset?
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 16:41:31 -0600

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 03:25:39PM -0700, Russ Lewis wrote:

> If so, great.  If not, then I'll someday start working on one of my
> own.  I've never modified a ruleset before, so it'll be an interesting
> challenge.  If anybody has links to help me get started, that would be
> appreciated as well.

none that I've heard of. This would actually be pretty cool I think.

to get started, I suppose you should look at doc/README.rulesets in the
freeciv source. copy the data/default directory and dig in.

Do not use the 1.14.x codebase. The 2.0 codebase is much more forgiving
about ruleset changes.

-mike