Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2004:
[Freeciv] Weapons-Free Ruleset?

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Weapons-Free Ruleset?
From: "Russ Lewis" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:25:39 -0700

I am a long-time fan of FreeCiv; my wife is just getting started in
computer games.  She really prefers to play games that don't involve
armies & weapons.  So I'm wondering: has anybody build a ruleset which
disables all of the armed units in the game?  (This turns it basically
into a peaceful citybuilding game, with the Space Race being the goal.)

If so, great.  If not, then I'll someday start working on one of my
own.  I've never modified a ruleset before, so it'll be an interesting
challenge.  If anybody has links to help me get started, that would be
appreciated as well.

Thanks,
    Russ Lewis
    Tucson, Arizona