Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2004:
[Freeciv] Re: Dirigible

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Dirigible
From: "Celmeo Telorous" <jianfeic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:25:42 +0000

An early flying unit would have loads of uses. Blocking passage for enemies,
letting your own units past enemy zone of control and scouting enemy
islands.

Even if it were programed like a helicopter, that it could be attacked by
land and sea units, there is still too many stragetic ways of using such a
unit; grabbing defensible terrain, collecting huts from islands (in hut
games), searching for enemy capital, etc.

Also, another advantage with flying units is that inland cities could build
them while coastal cities pump out frigs. So I agree with whoever said 0
attack and 1 defence.

I would say a prod. cost of at least 50 for any flying unit.

- Jian

 ----Original Message Follows---- From:
nicholas.g.lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[Freeciv] Re: Dirigible Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:29:23 +1000 >>nick >>What
do people think of the Dirigible as a military unit? >>Eddie >Don't know.
What would its characteristics be (in FreeCiv >terms - cost,40 movement, 4
vision, 2 attack, 4 defense, 2 firepower, 1 hitpoints, 20 not restricted by
terrain does not need to land in city may carry 2 units >What tech prereq
would be needed? Theory of Gravity >If the prereq tech is new one, then
where>would it fit in the tech tree? Is there a diagram of the tech tree
anywhere? The help file does list what new technologies any one technology
allows, but does not list what technologies any one technology is directly
dependant upon. Also, this thread appears to be discussed by Jim C. Nasby
andThomas Strub, but I am missing a section. Sorry if if I'm not in synch.
contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the
Queensland Department of Main Roads, Queensland Transport or Maritime Safety
Queensland, or endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure. If
you have received this electronic mail message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and delete the message from your computer.

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection[1] with MSN 8.

--- Links ---
   1 http://g.msn.com/8HMAEN/2734??PS=47575