Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2004:
[Freeciv] Problem to generate makefile under cygwin

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Problem to generate makefile under cygwin
From: Dieter Köhler <d.k@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:40:39 +1200

Hello everybody,

first I should note that I am almost totally unexperienced in using
compilers in a UNIX or LINUX environment.  Trying to compile FreeCiv under
cygwin is my first attempt to learn this, but I got stuck at a what seems
to be a very basic operation.  However, I could not find a solution by
searching the web or the FreeCiv FAQs.  Here is the problem:

I installed cygwin under Windows XP with all the prerequisites mentioned in
section 0 of INSTALL.  Then, to generate a makefile for the latest CVS
version, I typed in the top directory containing the FreeCiv:

% ./autogen.sh

but got the error message:

bash: fg: %: no such job

Can anybody explain what went wrong, and how this problem can be solved?

d.k.