Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2004:
[Freeciv] Current Issue with Freeciv Hosting

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Current Issue with Freeciv Hosting
From: Paul Zastoupil <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:52:16 -0800

As you may or may not know, there is currently an issue with the Freeciv
hosting.  At some point over the last weekend, the main Freeciv machine
lost the ability to talk to its HDD array.  Everything Freeciv related
on that machine lives on the array.  I have been unable to diagnose
the problem remotely.

How serious the problem is with the array is unknown, it could be as easy
as a loose SCSI cable, or as bad as a failed controller.  If it is not
too difficult, Freeciv could be back as soon as tomorrow afternoon PST.
Otherwise I cannot speculate on how long it will take.  No data has
been lost.

Unrelated to the current hardware problem I am moving the Freeciv project
to a new home.  I have decided that the move should take place as soon
as possible since it is already unavailable.  This means that DNS for
Freeciv could be spotty while things propagate.  This might affect the
mailing lists as well.

I am very sorry to everyone for this inconvenience.
--
Paul Zastoupil